Monday 28 July 2014

Day in the life of Kate

On the first day of our Lourdes pilgrimage at the end of the day, we had a mass at Bernadette's church. It was during this mass that myself, James and Jono were confirmed. 

We went down to the church early and met the archbishop who introduced himself and said 'don't be nervous'. He told us the procedure and reassured us everything would be ok. 

Before it happened I was apprehensive and nervous because I didn't know what to expect. But after meeting the Bishop I had more confidence and felt more at ease.



In the middle of the mass he called us out with our sponsors, and we had to stand in a line at the front. Our sponsors had their hands on our shoulders during the confirmation and we individually knelt down before the altar. 

Afterwards I felt really fulfilled,renewed, and my faith had been depeened. To make my confirmation in Lourdes was fitting for our theme of conversion, and overall a strengthening and enlightening experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment